Tahira Kashyap, Karisma Kapoor Root for Women Fitness
They flagged off the Pinkathon marathon at MMRDA, BKC in Mumbai. Pinkathon was set up in India by model-actor and fitness enthusiast Milind Soman in 2012 to create awareness about breast cancer and women's health.
Image for representation (Photo courtesy: AFP Relaxnews/ pixdeluxe/ Istock.com)
Actress Karisma Kapoor and filmmaker Tahira Kashyap on Sunday cheered up for the women who participated in Pinkathon.
They flagged off the marathon at MMRDA, BKC in Mumbai.
Overwhelmed to see so many women participating in running event, Tahira took to Instagram and wrote: "So many hearts, 11000 to be precise! All beating screaming of our existence, of the joy we are, of the happiness we bring to this planet.
"This gender needs to exist in greater numbers, in parity to the other one. Make us live. Make it happen."
Pinkathon was set up in India by model-actor and fitness enthusiast Milind Soman in 2012 to create awareness about breast cancer and women's health.
Tahira, who battled the cancer, also spoke about early detection of breast cancer at the fitness event.
Karisma too posted several pictures from the marathon on her Instagram handle.
"Amazing to see so many women fitness enthusiasts gathered together for Pinkathon," Karisma wrote.
Follow News18 Lifestyle for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Panga Vs Street Dancer 3D Box Office Collection Day 2: Word of Mouth Works in Favour of Kangana Ranaut's Film
- Republic Day 2020: Patriotic Fervour Runs High Among B-town Celebs as They Post Pics With Tricolour
- Padma Shri Oinam Bembem Devi Used to Change Her Name to Play With Boys When She Was Young
- Republic Day 2020: A Look at the Fighter Jet Fleet of the IAF: Rafale, Tejas, Sukhoi and More
- India vs New Zealand 2nd T20I Live Streaming: When & Where to Watch Live Telecast on TV & Online