This is Why Gurdas Maan Cancelled His Kolkata Puja Performance
Gurdas Maan was due to perform at the Subhash Uddyan venue in South Kolkata locality of Bhowanipore on Sunday.
picture courtesy- instagram
Veteran Punjabi Singer Gurdas Maan has cancelled his performance at a Durga Puja event in Kolkata after being informed of the venue's unethical encroachment of Sikh morals.
Apparently while en route to the City of Joy, it was brought to the 'Ki banu duniya da' hitmaker's attention that the performance venue displayed a replica of the Golden Temple (Harmandir Sahib) that did not go down well with Maan.
Sharing why he cancelled his performance, Maan said : "The event organisers have created a replica of the Golden Temple with people entering bare headed and wearing shoes.
"Sadly, even if it ruffles the organisers, I could not have done this as it's completely against my personal beliefs in the sanctity of religious places. I'm quite shocked at this violation."
Maan was due to perform at the Subhash Uddyan venue in South Kolkata locality of Bhowanipore on Sunday.
Recently Maan had faced criticism from Punjabis and Punjabi diaspora following his interview on a Canada-based Punjabi radio in which he appeared to be supporting the 'one nation, one language' idea.
Follow @News18Lifestyle for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Video of Sidharth Shukla Sweating it Out in Gym Post Bigg Boss 13 Goes Viral, Watch Here
- Mentalhood Teaser Out, Karisma Kapoor Shares the 'Madness in a Mom's Life'
- Hrithik Roshan Visits Shiv Temple on Mahashivratri with Sussanne Khan and Family, See Pics
- Hrithik Roshan Writes Hilarious Ode to His Absent Abs with Photo From Dabboo Ratnani's Calendar
- Google is Throwing Out Apps That Bother Users With Adverts; Almost 600 Have Been Binned