Transgender Rights Activist Laxmi Narayan Walks Ramp At India Runway Week
New Delhi: Breaking stereotypes at the sixth edition of India Runway Week 2016 here, transgender rights activist Laxmi Narayan Tripathi walked the ramp for jewellery designer Akassh K Aggarwal along with actress Mandira Bedi.
With Mandira as the show stopper for Aggarwal, the show launched the designer's new spring-summer collection 'The Coeur Collectives'.
"The collection comes with a social message of gender equality and sensitisation. It refers to the modification of behaviour by raising awareness of gender equality concerns," Aggarwal said in a statement.
"In a male-dominated society such as India, females and LGBTs are facing their social and personal issues. I want to bring the gender equality message through my collection," he added.
Chesi Anne Basil, a 16-year-old cancer patient, also walked the ramp for Varija Design Studio with the help of India Runway Week and Make-A-Wish-Foundation.
The three-day event concludes on Sunday.
Recommended For You
- TaxiFabric Co-Founder Named in #MeToo List, Maintains Radio Silence
- Sara Ali Khan, Ranveer Singh are in Switzerland for Simmba. See Photos, Videos
- Sindhu, Saina to Lead Indian Challenge in Denmark Open Badminton
- Post Harassment Allegations, Nana Patekar to be Replaced by This Actor in Housefull 4?
- Bryan Adams Witnessed Something Unusual During His Performance in Gurgaon. Can You Spot it?