Mount Everest Draws 33% More Visitors in 2016
EVEREST DRAWS 33 PERCENT MORE TOURISTS IN 2016
The number of tourists visiting the Mount Everest region has risen by 33.66 per cent in 2016 as compared to 2015, the media reported on Monday.
According to Tourist Police Office, overall 27,465 tourists visited the Everest region in 2015 while the tourist number was recorded at 36,694 in 2016, the Himalayan Times reported.
The tourist arrivals in the mountainous region drastically fell after the massive earthquake on April 25, 2015, and the unofficial Nepal-India border blockade, but it saw a rise in 2016 as the situation became more favourable, Namche tourist entrepreneur Lama Kaji Sherpa said.
Recommended For You
- Sanjana Sanghi To Star Opposite Sushant Singh Rajput In 'The Fault In Our Stars' Remake
- Elon Musk Needs to 'Grow up', Says His Father
- Ranveer Singh Says That He And Deepika Padukone Share A Relationship Of Mutual Respect
- 'Always Trusted Dinesh Karthik's Ability to Finish Game'
- Censor Board Chief Prasoon Joshi Says Nobody's Voice Should Be Referred To As 'Fringe'