Tibet to Evict Foreign Visitors For 10 Days Next Month
Tibet will close its borders to foreigners, while visitors travelling the country during that period will likewise be required to leave by October 17.
Jokhang temple in Lhasa, Tibet. (Photo courtesy: AFP Relaxnews/ Hailin Chen)
Travel to Tibet will be closed for 10 days in October for foreign travellers.
Between October 18 and 28, foreign travellers will be barred from entering the country.
Though the Tibet Tourism Bureau has not released an official announcement, several local travel agencies report receiving the notice earlier this month.
The reason for the closure is due to the meeting of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China, in Beijing next month.
During the sensitive, high-level talks, Tibet will close its borders to foreigners, while visitors travelling the country during that period will likewise be required to leave by October 17.
Alternate arrangements should be made with local agencies.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- 'TB Survivor' Amitabh Bachchan: 75 Percent of My Liver is Gone, Still Surviving on 25 Percent
- Saina Nehwal, Kidambi Srikanth Post Contrasting Wins at World Badminton Championships
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- Youtuber Finds GoPro Camera Containing Final Moments of Teenager Who Drowned
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 to Launch Today, Watch it Live Here [Video]