Use Potato Slices To Treat Puffy Eyes
Easy ways to help reduce swelling around your eyes!
Representative Image: Getty Images
Waking up with puffy eyes is rather common and it is easy to treat them. Drink sufficient water and use refrigerated slices of potatoes to get rid of the puffiness, suggest experts.
Bubbles Singh, Founder at Just B Au Naturel and Ragini Mehra, Founder at Beauty Source, have listed simple ways to treat your problem:
* The easiest way to get rid of puffy eyes is to drink water. When the body is well hydrated, there is less chance of water retention that can cause your under-eye area and other parts of your body to swell.
Water also helps flush toxins out of the body.
* Iced compresses like chilled green or black tea bags can help soothe puffy and irritated eyes. They contain anti-irritant properties that help reduce swelling around your eyes. You could even try splashing your face and eyes with ice cold water.
* Slices of refrigerated potato or cucumber work as a fantastic natural remedy to get rid of under-eye puffiness.
The enzymes and the astringent properties in these vegetables help reduce inflammation and help tighten the skin. This remedy will also help get rid of wrinkles and dark circles around your eyes.
* A mask made of egg whites helps in tightening the area around the eyes, as egg whites are a nourishing natural skin care treatment, reducing puffiness of the eyes.
* Puffiness of the eyes can be caused by seasonal or inherited allergies. Allergies prompt us to rub our eyes more, leading to further puffiness. Visit a doctor and get yourself checked in case of any such.
* Use natural products that help reduce dryness, reduce puffiness and hydrate your skin like an eye serum or aloe vera based eye creams which can also cool down the eye area.
These products do not harm the eyes, repair and replenish the skin around the eyes, ensuring that you see a difference in the brightness and texture under your eyes when you get up in the morning.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Indians Pay More For Mobile & Broadband, if Subscriptions For Netflix And More Are Bundled
- This Company is Making N95 Respirator Mouth Masks with 'Facial Recognition' Technology
- IndiGo Offering Discounted Tickets at Just Rs 3,499 for International Flights
- PUBG Mobile 0.17.0 Update to Bring Sight For UZI, DBS Shotgun, Amusement Park and More
- As Airtel, Vodafone Bite the Bullet on AGR Payments, Brokerages Raise Red Flag