Victoria's Secret Cancels Annual Fashion Show
Leading lingerie brand Victoria's Secret has cancelled its annual fashion show amid dwindling television ratings and increasing criticism of the event.
credits - Victoria's Secret instagram
Leading lingerie brand Victoria's Secret has cancelled its annual fashion show amid dwindling television ratings and increasing criticism of the event, a media report said on Friday.
Launched in 1995, the show was at one time a major pop culture event that attracted millions of viewers each year.
However, in 2018, it recorded lowest ratings ever and was branded sexist, outdated and lacking diversity, BBC report said.
L Brands, the company owning the brand, said it was important to evolve its marketing strategy.
"We're figuring out how to advance the positioning of the brand and best communicate that to customers," the report quoted Stuart Burgdoerfer, L Brands chief financial officer, telling investors.
The show is a milestone in the careers of supermodels like Tyra Banks, Heidi Klum and Miranda Kerr.
Follow @News18Lifestyle for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: 20-Year-Old Drinks Chemical Instead of Water While Playing Game
- Airtel Users Can Make Voice Calls on Wi-Fi But You Need Airtel Xstream Broadband
- Salman Khan to Quit Bigg Boss 13 Owing to Health Conditions, Farah Khan May Take Over
- Google 2019 Trends: Kabir Singh to Avengers Endgame, Top 10 Movies of the Year
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders