'Vulnerability' is the Key to Kristen Bell's Healthy Marriage
Kristen laid out six key points which help her keep things running smoothly with her spouse.
A file photo
Bell posted a photograph of a hand-written note on Instagram, which detailed six key points which help her keep things running smoothly with her 43-year-old spouse, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
I received a letter from a nice man who asked if I could write a note to his friends who are getting married. I wrote something congratulatory but then thought "Kristen! Wait! You are an old married woman, shouldn't you have some wisdom to share?!" After I was finished I realized what I wrote is pretty much the A-Z of how @daxshepard and I keep our relationship healthy. Its worked for us so far, So here ya go. ♥️♥️♥️ #happyvalentinesday
The note read: "Vulnerability always begets connection and intimacy. Stay vulnerable with each other. In 10 years, when the dopamine has waned, remember: life is a crazy ride. It's a privilege to go through it with a partner.
"Take necessary separateness. It will make your marriage better. Loving someone despite their faults, failings, or character defects, is the most powerful loving thing you can do.
"Rejoice in what makes the other person happy, and allow them their individual interests.
"Know that everyone is doing the best they can with that they've got. So get a bigger emotional tool box to fix your problems."
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Needs Rest, He's Not a Machine, Says Ravi Shastri
- Ford EcoSport S First Drive Review: The EcoBoost is Back in Black
- Sanju Poster: Meet Sonam Kapoor as First Character From Sanjay Dutt's Crazy Romantic Life
- Ekta Kapoor's Logic on How to Deal With Rising Fuel Prices is Very, Very Confusing
- Tendulkar's Message for Ab de Villiers After Retirement Announcement