Ways To Remove Hair From Ear Lobe Smartly
It can result in infection of the hair follicle too.
Representative Image: Getty Images
The most common type of ear hair is the one that grows out from the edge of the ear canal and excess of it can result in infection of the hair follicle which can be painful to get rid of all these unwanted hairs smartly.
Batul Patel, medical director and Dermatologist of The Bombay Skin Clinic and Narmada Matang, Dermatologist at Neo Skin Clinic, outline some ways of getting rid of unwanted ear hair.
* Trimming: A battery operated lightweight trimmer with a skin guard can be used twice or thrice a week depending on the growth of the hair. Also, avoid using sharp scissors as any cuts can lead to permanent scars.
* Hair removal creams: Even though using depilatory creams seems like an easier option it can lead to itching and can make the treated areas highly sensitive. Also, there's a risk of pushing the cream deep into your ear canals which can potentially damage the sensitive skin inside.
* Tweezers: This method of hair removal is very time consuming and can be very painful. Also, there's a risk of damaging your hair follicle which can lead to infection.
* Laser hair removal: The laser hair removal device destroys the hair follicle without damaging the skin. Before the procedure, the hair is shaved using a razor followed by application of a cold gel. The laser handpiece is then placed directly above the ear followed by the emission of a laser shot which is generally painless depending on the laser used. It needs to be done once a month and typically requires 6 to 8 treatment sessions for the hair to disappear.
An interesting fact to note is that this works only on black pigment hair, so if you've grey or white hair you will not be able to laser them away. It's a quick service and requires just 15 minutes to do the procedure. Use sun protection post laser.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- Sara Ali Khan Gives Fans Yet Another Reason to Adore Her As She Clicks Selfie With Kids at Airport
- Hardik Pandya Turns Showstopper at Lakme Fashion Week
- Jemimah Rodrigues Impresses Yorkshire Teammates With Impromptu Concert
- Ashes 2019: Did Archer Mimic Smith's Unique Batting Style?