Why Should Period Stop Women From Doing Anything, asks Radhika Apte
Radhika Apte has stressed on the importance of awareness about menstruation in the country, questioning why should a natural monthly process stop a girl from doing regular stuff.
Radhika Apte plays an ambitious city girl in her latest film Bazaar.
New Delhi: Actress Radhika Apte has stressed on the importance of awareness about menstruation in the country, questioning why should a natural monthly process stop a girl from doing regular stuff.
The actress, who is associated with Whisper India as the brand's influencer, asserted that a factor like menstruation should not be kept in mind while deciding any activity. And so, it's vital for women to be ultra comfortable during those days.
Pushing this idea, Radhika said : "I think that it is crucial because the constant reminder when you are chumming that 'I am on period' does stop you from doing certain things.
"For example if I am chumming, I will be like, 'Oh my god I have to shoot a song today', or 'Oh my god, I have to wear this today' or some people say I have extra hours of work, or I don't know should I go for picnic or play Holi. Why should your period which is actually something that you have to go through every month stop you from doing anything."
Radhika will also be seen in "Pad Man", a movie on Arunachalam Muruganantham, who introduced low-cost sanitary pad-making machines.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Hails 'Crusader' Sunitha Krishnan for Helping Sex Trafficking Victims
- Trailers This Week: Robert Downey Jr, Tom Holland Reunite for Dolittle, Anurag Kashyap Unveils India’s First Spaceship Sci-fi
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right