Yoga Gains Popularity in China, More Colleges to Come Up
Nearly 100 yoga teaching and training centres would also be built to provide teacher training courses, yoga workshops and non-profit courses.
The China-India Yoga College that was founded in June 2015 in Yunnan as part of a Delhi-Beijing cultural exchange program, plans to expand its training locations as yoga has been gaining popularity in China as a healthy lifestyle choice.
The college opened its first branch on Saturday at the Yunnan University in the city of Lijiang as part of its nationwide partnership with universities in cultivating high-level yoga professionals, Xinhua news agency reported.
A total of 50 branches would be set up to boost yoga education and teacher training, according to Chen Luyan, dean of the China-India Yoga College, as it spreads beyond its location city of Kunming in Yunnan Province.
Nearly 100 yoga teaching and training centres would also be built to provide teacher training courses, yoga workshops and non-profit courses, Chen said.
The China-India Yoga College recruits undergraduates and postgraduates at Yunnan Minzu University.
Follow @News18Lifestyle for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Watch: Burglar Kisses Elderly Woman to Calm Her During Robbery in Pharmacy
- Amitabh Bachchan Was Never Hospitalised, Say Kaun Banega Crorepati Sources
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL Opening Ceremony
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right