3-day Mourning in Karnataka for Actor-turned-politician Ambareesh
Actor-turned-politician MH Ambareesh passed away at a private hospital on Saturday night following a cardiac arrest.
Ambareesh has acted in over 200 films and served as the Karnataka housing minister in the previous Siddaramaiah-led cabinet.
The Karnataka government on Sunday declared three-day mourning for actor-turned-politician MH Ambareesh who died at a private hospital on Saturday night following a cardiac arrest.
"As a mark of respect to the departed leader, government has declared an official mourning of three days," a statement from Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy's office said.
The 66-year-old super star of the sandalwood industry was a former cabinet minister in the previous Congress government from May 2013 to June 2016.
He was also the Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting in the first United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government from 2006-2007 and a Parliament member from Mandya Lok Sabha constituency, about 100 km from here.
This is the second time in November the state government declared mourning after doing so to late Union Minister Ananth Kumar on November 12 when he died in the city.
Ambareesh died around 10.15 p.m. on Saturday after a massive cardiac arrest a couple of hours after he was brought to Vikram Hospital due to respiratory problem.
Follow @news18movies for more
Recommended For You
- Samsung Tablet Explodes and Burns a Hole in Bed, 11-Year-Old Escapes Unhurt
- 'Tum Se Achcha Kaun Hai' Actress Aarti Chabria Ties the Knot With Boyfriend Visharad Beedassy
- Kabir Singh Box Office Collection Day 4: Shahid Kapoor-Kiara Advani Starrer Earns Rs 88 Crore
- Deepika Padukone Slays in Chic Outfit in This Stunning Photo Shoot, Ranveer Singh Takes Full Credit
- One Pilot Dead, Other Ejected Safely After 2 Eurofighter Jets Crashed in Germany
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s