Aabobo Goa to Kick-off From November 30
The first two chapters screened short films by various indie artists while the third discussed the works of Werner Herzog.
Aabobo promotes indie short films.
Aabobo Film Festival’s Goa chapter will kick-start from November 30. The three day festival will take place at the Museum of Goa, Bardez.
The festival will see the screenings of short films followed by panel discussions. Indie artists such as Umesh Vinayak Kulkarni (Director - Deool, Highway), Kani Kusruti (Actor - Touch, MAA), Abhishek Banerjee (Actor and Casting Director - Ajji, Agli Baar), Devashish Makhija (also the co-founder of Aabobo, Director - Ajji, Bhonsle), and Sachin Chatte (Film Critic and Journalist) will be part of the discussions.
Aabobo has been formed to help take small steps in the direction of supporting the spirit of Indie Cinema. It constitutes a group of indie cinema practitioners including filmmakers, writers, actors, cinematographers, sound designers, music composers, editors and enthusiasts.
The community meets for screenings of indie short films, documentaries and features once in a month to discuss the challenges in front of indie cinema.
So far, the community has organised three chapters in Mumbai. The first two chapters screened short films by various indie artists while the third discussed the works of Werner Herzog.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- The Sky Is Pink Early Reviews: Priyanka Chopra Film Gets 4-minute Standing Ovation at TIFF
- Post #MeToo, 19% Men Don't Want to Hire 'Attractive' Women, Reveals Survey
- Mark The Calendar, Here is When Your iPhone, Watch, iPad and MacBook Get Updated
- 5-Years-Old Recreates 'Up' Moment With Great Grandparents for Birthday Photoshoot
- UK Clothing Brand Trolled for Trying to Sell Indian-Style Kurta as 'Vintage Boho Dress'