Aanand L Rai To Co-Produce Anurag Kashyap's 'Mukkebaaz'
Filmmakers Aanand L Rai and Anurag Kashyap have joined hands for the first time for the upcoming film "Mukkabaaz".
A file photo of Aanand L Rai
Mumbai: Filmmakers Aanand L Rai and Anurag Kashyap have joined hands for the first time for the upcoming film Mukkebaaz.
Rai will co-produce the film along with Phantom Films and Eros International, while Kashyap will serve as the director.
"Aanand L Rai and Anurag Kashyap. Two different worlds step into the ring this November. Mukkebaaz on November 10," read a post on the official Twitter handle of the production banner.
According to the teaser video of the film, it will narrate the story of a boxer from Uttar Pradesh who falls in love with a Brahmin girl.
Rai is known for directing films like Tanu Weds Manu and Raanjhanaa.
Kashyap, meanwhile, is best known for movies like Gangs of Wasseypur, Ugly and Black Friday.
If you hear the music in the teaser carefully, you can hear hip-hop artiste DIVINE, who is debuting in Bollywood with the project.
"This was for my favorite director, with my favorite producer and my debut. I gave whatever I had," Divine, a rapper who is set do his bollywood debut with Mukkebaaz, said in a statement.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tired of Toxic Sanitary Napkins, Coimbatore Teen is Making Her Own Eco-Friendly Cotton Pads
- Ponting Backs Burns' Return to Australia Test Squad
- Rishi Kapoor's Throwback Picture Sharing Coca-Cola with His Siblings is Absolutely Adorable
- Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch Launched With a New Keyboard, Price Starts at Rs 1,99,900
- IAF Rafale Fighter Jet: What Makes Dassault-Made Plane So Important for India