Actress Pallavi Joshi Loses Rs 12,000 as Her Credit Card Details Get Stolen
Pallavi Joshi's credit card details were stolen and used for transactions worth Rs 12,000 in Europe.
Image courtesy: YouTube
Pallavi Joshi, who is known for her performance in various movies and television shows, recently became the latest victim to a credit card fraud. As reported by Hindustan times, Joshi's credit card details were stolen and used for transactions worth Rs 12,000 in Europe. On being asked about the same, Pallavi Joshi said, “I received five to six SMS alerts one after another. The amount deducted was in euros. I informed my bank and got my credit card blocked immediately.”
Subsequent to messages, Pallavi Joshi filed an FIR with the Versova police on Saturday. Following that, the police began its investigation and found out Joshi, who lives at Seven Bungalows in Andheri (West), had her credit card in her possession on July 5, when the offence took place. Moreover, in a preliminary probe they got to know that the card's details were used by the fraudsters to make payments for taxi trips in Europe.
When Hindustan times further inquired the police about the case, Ravindra Badgujar, senior inspector of Versova police station said “We have registered a case under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and the Information Technology Act against unknown suspects."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- ‘Why Traffic Jams?’: Twitter Comes to a Halt after BJP MP Dismisses Automobile Slowdown
- Uber Apologises for Viral Photo of Separate Bathrooms for Employees and Drivers in US Office
- 'Black Friday': Italian Newspaper Sparks Race Row With Front Page Headline on Lukaku, Smalling Clash
- Ranbir Kapoor Reveals Sanjay Leela Bhansali Wanted to Cast Him Opposite 11-year-old Alia Bhatt in Balika Vadhu
- Instagram Will Verify How Old The New Users Are, But Age is Just a Number