Ali Fazal, Shweta Tripathi Begin Filming Mirzapur In Varanasi
Ali Fazal and Shweta Tripathi have begun shooting for the web series Mirzapur in Varanasi
Image: A still from Masaan
Mumbai: Actors Ali Fazal and Shweta Tripathi have begun shooting for the web series Mirzapur in Varanasi.
It's a gangster drama that has a rural setting with northern India as its background.
"It has been a busy year for me and I am pretty happy about it. I am geared up and excited to start shooting with this talented team of Mirzapur," Ali said in a statement.
The series has been produced by Excel Entertainment.
Shweta expressed her excitement on working with Ali on the project.
"I adore Ali. I've known him for a few years now. We met at Prithvi (Theatre) and even did a play together. I was absolutely thrilled when I got to know that he is going to be a part of Mirzapur. I couldn't be happier with the casting of our series," said Shweta.
All episodes of Mirzapur, which is being made for Amazon Prime Video, will be shot in Uttar Pradesh.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mohena Kumari Singh is Radiant as a Royal Bride at Her Traditional Rajput Wedding, See Pics
- Puma Has an Interactive Store Where You Can Also Get Your New Shoes Customized
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea Are Trolling Each Other on Social Media
- WhatsApp Has Some New Features For iPhone Users And You Can Use Them Now
- Android 10 Update Roll-Out Resumes For OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro