Ali Fazal Teams up with Pradeep Sarkar for 'Arranged Marriage'
Arranged Marriage is a modern day love story set in Kolkata.
File photo of Ali Fazal.
Mumbai: Actor Ali Fazal has been roped in as the main lead for director-writer Pradeep Sarkar's next "Arranged Marriage".
"Arranged Marriage" is an unique modern day love story set in Kolkata, read a statement.
"It's a twisted tale between the couple and has its own complexities that will be beautifully explored by Pradeep sir on a larger canvas. We have just begun filming," Ali said.
"Set in 2018, it touches upon some very essential phases of love, relationships, families that are involved in the marriage...," he added.
Ali, who will also be seen in the web series "Mirzapur", said it's an honour and privilege for him to work with the filmmaker "who has given such powerful and meaningful cinema and has worked with some of the best talents of Indian cinema".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- Sara Ali Khan Shares Glimpses of Her Sri Lankan Getaway with Quirky Captions
- NBA 2K20 Gameplay Will Unlock Limited Edition Nike Sneakers That You Can Buy