Allu Arvind Seeks Injunction Against the Release of Raabta
Allu Arjun claims that Raabta is a copy of his film Magadheeraa, which also deals with the concept of reincarnation.
A still from the film Raabta featuring Sushant Singh Rajput and Kriti Sanon. (Image: Instagram/Sushant Singh Rajput)
Chennai: Producer Allu Arvind of Geetha Arts on Thursday sought an injunction against the release of Sushant Singh Rajput starrer Raabta, which is slated to hit the screens on June 9, over copyright infringement.
Arvind claims the story of Raabta is very similar to his Telugu film Magadheera.
"This is to inform to the large public that we, Geetha Arts the original makers of Magadheeraa felt through various sources including the trailer and publicity material that the Hindi film Raabta is being remade violating the copyrights," Arvind said in a statement.
He further added that they have approached a Hyderabad court seeking an injunction against the film's release.
"The Hyderabad civil court issued a notice to 'Raabta' producers and posted the matter for June 1 to decide whether 'Raabta' should be permitted to release," he said.
Directed by SS Rajamouli and starring Ram Charan, Magadheera is the story of two estranged lovers meeting in another life.
Raabta, directed by Dinesh Vijan, also stars Kriti Sanon.(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- Australian Midwife Earns Over 7 Lakh a Year Selling Placenta Smoothies and Keepsakes
- 'Dracula Ant' is Now the World's Fastest Animal, and Truly Deserves its Name
- These Pics Are Proof Suhana Khan Has Begun Working on Her Goal of Becoming an Actor, See Here
- After Google's Date With US Lawmakers, What Lies Ahead for Facebook, Twitter And Other Tech Companies?
- Meet the Kolkata Artist Who is Talking About the Non-Binary Nature of Gender Through Art
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s