Ambition Made Me Narrow in Thought, Says Brie Larson
Actress Brie Larson says being ambitious made her realise that she was missing out on so many other things.
A file photo.
Los Angeles: Actress Brie Larson says being ambitious made her realise that she was missing out on so many other things.
In an interview to the Culture magazine, the Oscar-winning actress says having ambition made her "narrow in thought". "I've been acting pretty much my whole life, and I've always had ambition. I loved that word, like, 'No, I'm not gonna stay out late because I have ambition.' And in the past year, I've realised ambition is really something that made me not see the expanse of everything going on. It made me narrow in thought," Larson says.
"So I'm less concerned about a trajectory and more interested in the meandering path of it. I like making films because I like expressing the human condition. And I want, right now, to make films that make people feel more connected to themselves and the people in their theatre and in the rest of the world. That's what film can bring," she adds.
The 27-year-old actress believes movies have the potential of raising world issues and promoting positive messages and she is glad to be a part of that as an actress.
"Now I'm in this new position, it's important to me to pass on positive information so young people realise what's
happening and how they can be more active at a local level. It's a powerful period for people to realise that their voices are being heard and that we're all incredibly dynamic and complex."
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Wishes 'Papa' on Father's Day 2019 with a Throwback Picture and Millennial Hashtags
- Haryana Roadways Tried to Kill Me: Shooting Sensation Manu Bhaker Posts Photo of Accident
- Last Hurrah: Mahindra Thar Signature Edition to Commemorate its First Generation
- Cabin of the Next-Gen Hyundai Creta Could Take on Audi's Cockpit
- #FactCheck: Did Super Mario Creator Really Tweet Picture of Mario and Luigi Kissing?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s