American Idol Contestant Haley Smith Dies in Motorcycle Accident
Police responded to the single-vehicle accident at 2 a.m. on Saturday. Smith was pronounced dead at the scene.
Image of Haley Smith, courtesy of Instagram
"American Idol" Season 11 contestant Haley Smith has died in a motorcycle accident in Maine. She was 26.
Police responded to the single-vehicle accident at 2 a.m. on Saturday. Smith was pronounced dead at the scene, reports variety.com.
"It would appear initially that she failed to negotiate a sharp turn and crashed," a statement from the Millinocket Police Department said. An investigation into the crash is pending.
Smith impressed "American Idol" judges in 2012 with her rendition of Rufus and Chaka Khan's "Tell me something good" in her audition at the age of 18.
She earned a ticket to Hollywood, but was ultimately sent home from the competition in the second round.
A self-professed lover of nature, Smith had worked a series of odd jobs at the time of her audition, she revealed in her interview later.
Smith's father told tmz.com, that his daughter was an experienced motorcyclist and believes a stray deer was the cause of the accident.
Smith would have turned 27 in November.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ayushmann Khurrana-Nushrat Bharucha's Dream Girl Song Removed from YouTube Over Copyright Issues
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year