Amitabh Bachchan Pays Off Over 1,300 UP Farmers' Loans
Amitabh Bachchan has cleared the loans of over one thousand farmers in Uttar Pradesh.
"Cleared the loans of farmers from Uttar Pradesh... select few were booked by me on train from Varanasi, and given OTS ('OTS: One Time Settlement with Bank Of India')," Amitabh tweeted late on Monday.
He also personally met some of them to give them their bank letters.
T 3007 - Cleared the loans of 1348 farmers from UP .. select few were booked by me on train from Varanasi, and given OTS ..— Amitabh Bachchan (@SrBachchan) November 26, 2018
बेटी श्वेता ने अपने हाथों से उनसब को OTS दिया ; बेटी घर की लक्ष्मी होती है - लक्ष्मी के हाथों से लक्ष्मी दी ! pic.twitter.com/cOTTd4NC2M
"And then the meeting with the farmers from UP and the giving of the OTS certificates to a select few from the 1398.
"Let the Laxmi of the house, the daughter give them that. Laxmi the Goddess of wealth. Shweta, the daughter, the Laxmi of the house," he wrote.
He shared his photographs with Shweta on the blogpost.
Amitabh did the OTS and invited 70 farmers to Mumbai by blocking an entire train compartment for them to personally give away the bank letters.
Earlier in 2017, the "Piku" star helped over 350 farmers by paying off their debts and helping the families of 44 Maharashtra soldier who died in combat.
He had then handed over the amount to the farmers and the soldier's families along with his wife Jaya.
Follow @news18movies for more
Recommended For You
- IIT-Bombay Draws Criticism for Calling People Who Vote for BJP 'Stupid' on Twitter
- Bajrang Punia Wins India's 1st Gold Medal at Asian Wrestling Championships
- Ranveer Singh Holding Deepika Padukone's Sandals is Ultimate Couple Goals
- Aamir Khan Surprises Co-passengers by Flying Economy Class, Watch Video
- OPPO A5s Budget Smartphone Launched in India: Price, Specifications And More
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s