AndhaDhun Nears Rs 100 Crore at the China Box Office, Beats Baahubali 2's Collections
Ayushmann Khurrana's AndhaDhun has earned Rs 95.38 crore in China in the first weekend of its release, beating the collection of Baahubali 2.
The movie made $1.32 million on its opening day and $1.78 million on Day 2. It saw a huge growth on Day 3 as it made $3.38 million. Earning $4.05 million on Saturday and $3.18 million on Sunday, AndhaDhun's total earnings stand at 13.72, which is 95.38 crore in Indian rupees.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh posted the figures on Twitter.
#AndhaDhun springs a surprise in #China... Surpasses all expectations... Nears ₹ 100 cr [Gross BOC] in its *extended* weekend... Weekdays will give an idea of *lifetime biz*...— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) April 8, 2019
Wed $ 1.32 mn
Thu $ 1.78 mn
Fri $ 3.39 mn
Sat $ 4.05 mn
Sun $ 3.18 mn
Total: $ 13.72 mn [₹ 95.38 cr]
Ayushmann seems to be keeping a track on the box office performance in China, as he too has been tweeting about the film's collections.
Interestingly, AndhaDhun has beat the lifetime collections of Baahubali 2: The Conclusion in China. The Prabhas starrer broke records almost everywhere but was a flop in China and could collect a meagre $11 million only.
It is now being said that AndhaDhun might cross the lifetime business of Hichki in the coming week. The Rani Mukerji film made more than Rs 150 crore in China.
AndhaDhun joins the long list of Bollywood films that have been successful in China, including Dangal, Secret Superstar, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Hindi Medium, Hichki and Toilet - Ek Prem Katha.
Produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures and Matchbox Pictures, Andhadhun is directed by Sriram Raghavan.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Recommended For You
- Realme 3 Pro With 6.1-Inch HD+ Dewdrop Display Launched at Rs 13,999 Along With Realme C2 at Rs. 5,999
- Shah Rukh Khan on MeToo: We Need to Respect This Enough to Ensure It Doesn't Become Just a Fad
- Chhapaak: Video of Deepika Padukone Kissing Vikrant Massey Breaks the Internet
- 'Game of Thrones' Fans are Sharing Spoilers Without Context So You Can Surf the Web Without Worry
- Netflix Could Actually Get Its Biggest Boost With The Arrival of Disney+ and Apple TV+
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s