Andy Serkis Defends Scarlett Johansson After She Received Backlash From LGBT Community
Andy Serkis has defended actress Scarlett Johansson, who got dropped from the film "Rub & Tug" in which she was going to play a transgender.
American actress and singer Scarlett Johansson. (Image: Reuters)
"The Lord of the Rings" fame actor Andy Serkis has defended actress Scarlett Johansson, who got dropped from the film "Rub & Tug" in which she was going to play a transgender following backlash from the LGBT community.
In an interview to Variety, Serkis said: "Actors should be able to play anything, and that's why I love performance capture technology.
"What should be the point is that whatever colour your skin is, whatever shape you are, whatever height you are, whatever your make-up is as an actor, you should have the ability to play anything."
So, in the wake of the backlash, Johansson dropped out of the film and a replacement is yet to be announced, reported metro.co.uk.
It's not the first time Johansson has got into trouble with her casting in a role. She was earlier accused of the film "Ghost In The Shell" when she was controversially cast as Major Motoko Kusanagi, a character who was Japanese in the original series that the film was based on.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations
- Liam Hemsworth Came to Know of Miley Cyrus' Decision to Split from Social Media
- Lego Shoes, Robo Dog and Vegan Meat: The Quirkiest Finds at Alibaba's Taobao Maker Festival
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- Dream Girl Box Office Day 4: Ayushmann Khurrana Sets New Benchmark