Anu Malik Back as Judge of Indian Idol After #MeToo Allegations?
When approached over phone regarding his return to Indian Idol, Anu Malik refused to comment.
File photo of Anu Malik. (Image: Yogen Shah)
When the #MeToo movement picked up in India, singer-composer Anu Malik was removed from the jury panel of Indian Idol last year as he was accused of sexual misconduct. Now, there is a buzz about his return to the singing-based reality show as a judge.
Asked if the makers of the show had approached him to join back as a judge, Anu told IANS over phone, "Right now, I am at a recording. All I can say at this point of time...no comments."
According to a source, the auditions for the singing reality show will begin soon. There is no confirmation whether the makers will bring back Anu on the show or not, but Vishal Dadlani and Neha Kakkar are expected to return and perform their judging duties in the upcoming season of Indian Idol.
In October 2018, Anu had been accused by singers Sona Mohapatra and Shweta Pandit, who called him a "paedophile" and a "sexual predator".
He had denied the allegations that he sexually harassed Shweta.
"The allegations made against my client are emphatically denied as completely false and baseless. My client respects the #MeToo movement, but to use this movement to start a character assassination mission is obnoxious," his lawyer Zulfiquar Memon had told IANS.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Recommended For You
- AIFF Responds After I-League Clubs Threaten to Move Court if ISL Gets Top Division Status
- ICC World cup 2019 | Arjun Tendulkar Helping England Prepare for Australia Challenge
- WhatsApp Working on New Update to Improve Photo Sharing Experience
- Motorola Moto E6 Alleged Renders Reveal Textured Back Panel, Single Camera Module
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Arrive in Paris Ahead of Joe Jonas-Sophie Turner's Wedding, See Pics
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s