AR Rahman, Shruti Haasan Are At Cannes 2017 For Their Film Sangamithra
Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman and actress Shruti Haasan are all set to attend the 70th Cannes Film Festival with the lead cast, director and producers of the trilingual magnum opus Sangamithra.
Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman and actress Shruti Haasan are at the 70th Cannes Film Festival to unveil the trilingual magnum opus Sangamithra. The look was unveiled on Twitter later.
The music maestro took to Instagram and shared photographs from the city. Rahman, in a statement, expressed his elation and said, "I'm very excited working on this ambitious project 'Sangamithra'. I am looking forward to joining the team at Cannes."
Shruti Haasan, who plays the titular role, will also walk the red carpet alongside Rahman. "Cannes day one begins! Lovely to meet up with the amazing @arrahman again to announce #sangamithra #cannes70," she captioned their photograph.
A Hindi, Tamil and Telugu trilingual, Sangamithra stars Shruti Haasan as the protagonist, while Jayam Ravi and Arya are the chief male protagonists. The film is directed by Sundar C, produced by Thenandal Studios and has Rahman as its music director.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Dimple Kapadia Quashes Hospitalisation Rumours, Says 'I am Alive and Kicking'
- Kim Kardashian Meets Rodney Reed After Texas Court Stays His Execution
- Enjoying Retired Life, Don't Want to Play Throughout Year: Yuvraj Singh
- Lionel Messi Told Me to Shut My Mouth, Alleges Brazil Coach Tite But Argentine Star Has the Last Laugh
- Jawa Perak Bobber Launched in India at Rs 1.95 Lakh, Gets BS-VI Engine