Asha Bhosle Donates Money to Li'l Champs Contestants
The legendary singer felt emotional after hearing about the journey of two contestants Jasu Khan and Adnan Hussain and donated Rs 25,000 each to their families.
A file photo of Asha Bhosle with sister Lata Mangeshkar.
Mumbai: Legendary singer Asha Bhosle, who will next be seen as a special guest on children singing reality show Amul Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Lil Champs Season 6, felt emotional after hearing about the journey of two contestants Jasu Khan and Adnan Hussain and donated Rs 25,000 each to their families.
At the age of 13, Jasu, whose father is an alcoholic, took the responsibility of his family on his shoulders and paid household bills by singing at marriages and parties.
On the other hand, Adnan's family worked really hard to pay for his singing lessons.
"Childhood is a crucial stage of life and it lays the foundation for the years to come. Everyone should be given a chance to live their carefree childhood because those precious years never come back," Bhosle said in a statement.
"To encourage the kids and to help them on their journey toward success, I have donated a sum of Rs 25,000 each to Adnan and Jasu's families," added the 83-year-old.
The episode of the show featuring Asha Bhosle will be aired on Zee TV on Saturday.
Recommended For You
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 2018 Spied Completely Undisguised, Interiors Spied Too
- Kohli, Rahul & Pant Cheer for Team India in Women's World T20
- Thugs of Hindostan Box Office: Aamir Khan Tastes Failure After a Long Time
- Facebook Suggests The Switch to Android From iPhones Was Purely on Merit, Not a Tiff With Tim Cook
- Shah Rukh Khan on Jab Harry Met Sejal: I Let People Down, It Was an Utter Flop