Ashutosh Rana on Naseeruddin Shah's Statement: People have Right to Speak Their Mind
Naseeruddin Shah had said that at many places, the death of a cow is being given more importance than the killing of a policeman.
Ashutosh Rana in a still from Dhadak.
Bollywood actor Ashutosh Rana Sunday said people have the right to speak their mind in an independent country and there's no need of conducting a "social trial" in such cases. His remarks came two days after veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah's statement on mob violence in the country triggered a controversy.
"Everyone has the right to share his/her views. If someone speaks his mind in the country, does that mean there should be a social trial? We should seriously listen to him/her instead,” Rana said.
“If someone is speaking his mind and there is a debate, will it improve the country's economic situation,” he said.
Shah had Friday said that at many places, the death of a cow is being given more importance than the killing of a policeman. The veteran actor also expressed anxiety over the well-being of his children, who he said have not been brought up as followers of any particular religion.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Neha Kakkar Gets Emotional After Hearing Indian Idol Contestant's Story
- Gautam Kumar Jha Becomes Third Crorepati on KBC, Quits at Rs 7 Crore Question
- Only 4 Teams Turn Up as Goa Football Association Conducts Players Draft for Indian Women's League Qualifiers
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works