Avengers: Infinity War Enters the Prestigious USD 2 Billion Club
The film, which brings together the largest gathering of superheroes, achieved the milestone on 48th day of its release.
Marvel's smash-hit superhero ensemble film Avengers: Infinity War has crossed the USD two billion mark at the global box-office. The film, which brings together the largest gathering of superheroes, achieved the milestone on 48th day of its release, Disney said in a statement.
The global haul of Infinity War currently stands at USD 2.002 billion, which includes USD 656.1 million in North America and USD 1.346 billion from other territories.
It is the fourth film to achieve the feat and follows Avatar (USD 2.788 billion), Titanic (USD 2.188 billion) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens (USD 2.068 billion).
In the US, the Anthony and Joe Russo-directed film amassed USD 257.7 million in its opening weekend and held the number one spot for three consecutive weeks.
In China, the film raked in a total USD 370 million and is the third-biggest Western film of all time.
Avengers: Infinity War featured Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Josh Brolin, Anthony Mackie, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Chadwick Boseman, Sebastian Stan, Don Cheadle, Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Pom Klementieff, Benedict Cumberbatch, Benedict Wong, Tom Holland, among others.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- ISL 2019-20: NorthEast United FC vs Chennaiyin FC in Guwahati Postponed Due to CAB Protests
- 'Anyone Can be a Hero': Google's 'Year in Search' Celebrates Those Who Inspired Us in 2019
- You Can Now Buy a Baby Yoda Toy for Rs 21,000, But Here's the Catch
- BWF World Tour Finals: PV Sindhu's Title Defence Ends After Loss to Chen Yu Fei
- Pakistani Fans Roast 'Injured' Pacer Hasan Ali for Walking Down the Ramp With 'Rib Fractures'