Bandit Queen is the Best Film I Have Ever Made: Shekhar Kapur
Shekhar Kapur considers his 1994 film Bandit Queen his best work till date.
A file photo of filmmaker Shekhar Kapur.
Filmmaker Shekhar Kapur considers his 1994 film Bandit Queen his best work till date.
"The best film I have ever made. Bandit Queen. Please also give credit to the editor Renu Saluja and Cinematographer Ashok Mehta," Kapur tweeted.
"They both taught me so much about cinema. Both are not with us any more. I honestly wish they were. I miss them sorely," he added.
Actor Manoj Bajpayee also posted: "My debut film. This one will always remain special."
Bandit Queen, based on the life of Phoolan Devi, released in 1994 and featured Seema Biswas in the title role.
Kapur gained international recognition with Bandit Queen, which won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi. He is also known for Mr India,Masoom and historical biopics on Queen Elizabeth -- Elizabeth and Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Tops World's Richest Actors List, Beats Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr
- Spotify Premium Now Available With 3 Months of Free Access for New Users
- Jemimah Rodrigues Impresses Yorkshire Teammates With Impromptu Concert
- Not Just a Dropped Pin: Spacewalking Scientists Add Parking Spot to International Space Station