Batman Movie Will Be Part of DC Universe, Confirms Director Matt Reeves
However, in a series of tweets, Reeves has now made it clear that the new Batman film exists in the DC universe. "Just to be clear: Of COURSE Batman will be part of the D.C. Universe. Batman will be BATMAN," he wrote.
Los Angeles: Director Matt Reeves confirmed that his upcoming "Batman" movie would be a part of the larger DC Extended Universe. In an interview in July, Reeves spoke about pitching the movie to Warner Bros. "What they said was, 'Look, it's a standalone, it's not part of the extended universe,'" Reeves said at the time.
However, in a series of tweets, Reeves has now made it clear that the new "Batman" film exists in the DC universe. "Just to be clear: Of COURSE Batman will be part of the D.C. Universe. Batman will be BATMAN," he wrote.
He went on to post, "In my comments from a while back about not being part of the DCEU, I was talking about The Batman being a story specifically about Batman... not about the others in the Universe.
"That it wouldn't be filled with cameos servicing other stories that it would be a BATMAN story." Initially the film was to be written and directed by Ben Affleck, who currently plays the Caped Crusader in the DC films.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Indian Fans Hit Back at 'Racist' Comments by Australia U19 Cricketers After World Cup Win
- Priyanka Chopra Gets Trolled for Grammy Dress, Suchitra Krishnamoorthi Defends Her
- Apple HomePod is Finally in India; Hey Siri, Say Hello to The Amazon Echo Studio
- India Had a Big Role to Play in Apple’s Record Breaking Quarterly Revenues
- Hope They Play for 6 Hours and Get Tired: Alexander Zverev Jokes About Nadal vs Thiem