Beauty and The Beast Director to Helm Remake of Bride of Frankenstein
Bill Condon might helm one of the movies set in Universal Monster Universe.
A still from Beauty and The Beast.
Los Angeles: Director Bill Condon is in talks to helm "Bride of Frankenstein", a remake to the eponymous 1935 movie.
The Beauty and the Beast (2017) director might helm one of the movies set in Universal Monster Universe.
The remake will be produced by Alex Kurtzman and Chris Morgan with David Koepp writing the script, reports deadline.com.
In 1998, Condon helmed Gods and Monsters, which followed the last days of James Whale, the director of the original Bride of Frankenstein. The Ian McKellen starrer went on to bag an Oscar for Best Screenplay and earned nominations for Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress.
Condon has films like Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh, Kinsey, Dreamgirls, The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II and The Fifth Estate to his credit as director.
He has also written an adapted screenplay for musical movie Chicago, which earned him an Oscar nomination in 2002.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- After Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar Accused of Supporting Aarey Forest Destruction
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected
- Huge Hairball Surgically Removed from Teenager’s Stomach By Ludhiana Doctors