Beauty and The Beast Director to Helm Remake of Bride of Frankenstein
Bill Condon might helm one of the movies set in Universal Monster Universe.
A still from Beauty and The Beast.
Los Angeles: Director Bill Condon is in talks to helm "Bride of Frankenstein", a remake to the eponymous 1935 movie.
The Beauty and the Beast (2017) director might helm one of the movies set in Universal Monster Universe.
The remake will be produced by Alex Kurtzman and Chris Morgan with David Koepp writing the script, reports deadline.com.
In 1998, Condon helmed Gods and Monsters, which followed the last days of James Whale, the director of the original Bride of Frankenstein. The Ian McKellen starrer went on to bag an Oscar for Best Screenplay and earned nominations for Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress.
Condon has films like Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh, Kinsey, Dreamgirls, The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II and The Fifth Estate to his credit as director.
He has also written an adapted screenplay for musical movie Chicago, which earned him an Oscar nomination in 2002.
Recommended For You
- Honor 7A First Impressions Review: A Great Offer at Rs 8,999
- Things Meghan Markle Can't Do After Marrying Prince Harry
- First Pictures of Shweta Bachchan Nanda's Screen Debut With Father Big B Will Melt Your Hearts
- Royal Wedding Guests Cash in On Official Goody Bag, Bid Reaches 50,000 Pounds
- 2018 Hyundai Creta SUV Facelift With Sunroof and Smart Key Band - Detailed Image Gallery