Begum Jaan: New Song Azaadiyan Depicts the Price India and Pakistan Paid for Freedom
The song, sung beautifully by Sonu Nigam and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan shows how people got affected, lives got destroyed, generations got scarred due to the painful partition.
New song from Srijit Mukherji's Begum Jaan called Azaadiyan depicts the hefty price India and Pakistan had to pay to get freedom from British rule. The song, sung beautifully by Sonu Nigam and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan shows how people got affected, lives got destroyed, generations got scarred due to the painful partition. The film narrates the story of a brothel run by Vidya Balan which comes right where the new border between India and Pakistan has to be drawn. The occupants are asked to empty the brothel in a month's time and how Begum Jaan and her girls fight for their rightful place is what the film is about. A remake of Bengali film Rajkahini, the film is scheduled to release on 14th April in theaters.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- None of the Avengers Can Beat Thanos' Hilarious #10YearChallenge, See Post
- Rafael Nadal Wary of 'Dangerous' Giant-killer Tiafoe After Berdych Rout
- World's Cutest Dog Boo Dies of Heart Break, Take a Look at His Cutest Moments
- BJP MLA Sadhna Singh Calling Mayawati 'Worse Than Eunuch' Shows Transphobia is Still Alive in 2019
- This Bizarre Video Of a 'Baby Birth' Nail Art Tutorial Is Scarring The Internet
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s