Begum Jaan: New Song Azaadiyan Depicts the Price India and Pakistan Paid for Freedom
The song, sung beautifully by Sonu Nigam and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan shows how people got affected, lives got destroyed, generations got scarred due to the painful partition.
New song from Srijit Mukherji's Begum Jaan called Azaadiyan depicts the hefty price India and Pakistan had to pay to get freedom from British rule. The song, sung beautifully by Sonu Nigam and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan shows how people got affected, lives got destroyed, generations got scarred due to the painful partition. The film narrates the story of a brothel run by Vidya Balan which comes right where the new border between India and Pakistan has to be drawn. The occupants are asked to empty the brothel in a month's time and how Begum Jaan and her girls fight for their rightful place is what the film is about. A remake of Bengali film Rajkahini, the film is scheduled to release on 14th April in theaters.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Netflix Lets You Set Reminders For Upcoming Movies or Shows, But Only on The TV
- Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne-Moss Are Officially Returning for Matrix 4, And Fans Can't Keep Calm
- 'TB Survivor' Amitabh Bachchan: 75 Percent of My Liver is Gone, Still Surviving on 25 Percent
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy
- Nine Nurses Who Went Viral for Being Pregnant at the Same Time Have Now Given Birth