Begum Jaan: New Song Azaadiyan Depicts the Price India and Pakistan Paid for Freedom
The song, sung beautifully by Sonu Nigam and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan shows how people got affected, lives got destroyed, generations got scarred due to the painful partition.
New song from Srijit Mukherji's Begum Jaan called Azaadiyan depicts the hefty price India and Pakistan had to pay to get freedom from British rule. The song, sung beautifully by Sonu Nigam and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan shows how people got affected, lives got destroyed, generations got scarred due to the painful partition. The film narrates the story of a brothel run by Vidya Balan which comes right where the new border between India and Pakistan has to be drawn. The occupants are asked to empty the brothel in a month's time and how Begum Jaan and her girls fight for their rightful place is what the film is about. A remake of Bengali film Rajkahini, the film is scheduled to release on 14th April in theaters.
Recommended For You
- Fans Blame Duckworth-Lewis as India Lose T20 Match Against Australia Despite Scoring 'More'
- Saif Ali Khan on Taimur Doll: I am Glad People are Benefiting from Him
- Bigg Boss 12: Dipika Kakar's Husband & Shrishty Rode's Fiancé Get Into Social Media Brawl
- India vs Australia: CricViz Analysis - Are India Selecting their Best T20 Team?
- Samsung Galaxy S10 5G Variant Will Reportedly Have Six Cameras: Expected Price, Specifications And More