Being an Outsider, Never Faced Nepotism: Anushka Sharma
Actress-turned-producer Anushka Sharma says she never faced any nepotism though she comes from a non-film background and that in Bollywood people always encourage talents.
Image: Instagram/ Anushka Sharma
Mumbai: Actress-turned-producer Anushka Sharma says she never faced any nepotism though she comes from a non-film background and that in Bollywood people always encourage talents.
Asked if she was also a victim of nepotism in Bollywood while talking to media on Wednesday evening with the star cast of her forthcoming film Phillauri, Anushka said: "First of all, every actor has her own journey in Bollywood. Moreover, if you are good at your work, people will show interest to collaborate with you, irrespective of your background."
"I have huge respect for Aditya Chopra who launched me. Ranveer Singh, Parineeti Chopra and all of us were not from the film industry! So being an outsider, I never faced nepotism," the "NH10" actress added.
Earlier this month, National Award winning actress Kangana Ranaut called filmmaker Karan Johar a 'flag-bearer of nepotism', which later turned into a full-blown controversy with the two celebrities making statements against each other.
The actress is all set to release her second film as producer Phillauri on March 24 under her home production Clean Slate Films. Besides her the film also stars Diljit Dosanjh, Suraj Sharma and Mehreen Pirzada.
Recommended For You
- Fans Blame Duckworth-Lewis as India Lose T20 Match Against Australia Despite Scoring 'More'
- Sad News For Marvel Fans, Avengers 4 Trailer is Not Coming This Friday
- Saif Ali Khan on Taimur Doll: I am Glad People are Benefiting from Him
- Samsung Galaxy A9 Vs OnePlus 6T: The New Alternate Flagship Smartphone Battle
- India vs Australia: Trying to be Fit For ODIs, Says Hardik Pandya