Benedict Cumberbatch Related To Sherlock Holmes Creator: Genealogy Detectives
According to reports, Cumberbatch, 40, and the late Arthur Conan Doyle, who died in 1930, were 16th cousins.
Image: Reuters Pictures
London: Genealogy detectives have discovered that British actor Benedict Cumberbatch, who portrays Sherlock Holmes in TV series Sherlock, is distantly related to the author who created the iconic character more than a century ago.
According to the website Ancestry.com, Cumberbatch, 40, and the late Arthur Conan Doyle, who died in 1930, were 16th cousins, reports hollywoodreporter.com.
The Emmy-winning TV series Sherlock will be back on the Indian small screen with season four next year. It will air from January 7, 2017, on AXN.
Ancestry.com wasn't asked to dig into the backgrounds of Cumberbatch and Doyle, but its researchers love both - the series and historical puzzles, said spokesman Dallin Hatch.
They haven't told the actor of the connection.
Recommended For You
- Now Get Fuel at Your Doorstep - Indian Oil Starts Home Delivery of Diesel in India
- Stephen Hawking's Last Research Paper Could Prove The Existence of Multiple Universes
- My Design Language Taking On Fresher Voice: Manish Malhotra
- Ranveer Singh Says That He And Deepika Padukone Share A Relationship Of Mutual Respect
- Censor Board Chief Prasoon Joshi Says Nobody's Voice Should Be Referred To As 'Fringe'