Bengali film industry lacks clarity on business: Anjan Dutt
Kolkata: Bengali filmmaker and singer-songwriter Anjan Dutt says the regional film industry lacks "clarity" on the business of films.
"How much is my film's budget, how much did it make, did it break even or lose money, all these (aspects) are important. If we can reach out to the diaspora and even the Bengalis in cities like Delhi, it would be beneficial for the Bengali film industry. The industry lacks clarity," Dutt told a TV channel here.
The 'Bong Connection' filmmaker is back with his fourth 'Byomkesh Bakshi' instalment, an adaptation of the story 'Kohen Kobi Kalidas' based on Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay's novels. The film stars actor Jisshu Sengupta in the lead.
Discussing the impact of Bengali films, Sengupta, who was seen in Shoojit Sircar's "Piku", said the fault lies in industry people fighting amongst themselves.
"Why are we fighting amongst ourselves? Let us fight on the ground (when films release)...," Sengupta said.
Dutt added that the competition has to be a "healthy" one.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Swara Bhaskar on Abusing Child Actor on a Show: Was Narrating a Funny Incident
- Sara Ali Khan's Fitness Regime Shows How She Gets Ready for a Guilt-Free Vacation
- Siddhant Chaturvedi Recalls Make Out Session With Gully Boy Co-Star Ranveer Singh
- Aamir Khan-Kareena Kapoor Party with Lal Singh Chaddha Team, See Pics
- Adidas Gives up on Robot Factories And Wants Humans in Asia to Make More Shoes