Blackmail Box Office: Irrfan Khan Starrer Collects Rs 2.81 Crore on Opening Day
Director Abhinay Deo's latest release "Blackmail" has raked in Rs 2.81 crore on the first day of its release on Friday.
Image: Youtube/ A still from Blackmail trailer
Mumbai: Director Abhinay Deo's latest release "Blackmail" has raked in Rs 2.81 crore on the first day of its release on Friday.
The film, a dark comedy, stars Irrfan Khan and Kirti Kulhari.
Blackmail opened on a positive note. It recorded a fantastic number for a dark comedy, a statement from the film's makers said.
The film portrays the story of Dev, who is so engrossed in his work that he can barely make time for his wife. One day when he decides to surprise her by going home early with a bouquet of flowers, he is left shocked to watch his wife in bed with her former-lover.
While normally a man would opt for two options either kill his wife or kill his wife's lover, Dev decides to blackmail the wife's lover.
The film is jointly produced by T-Series and RDP Motion Picture
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio Diwali Offer: Here's How to Gift a JioPhone This Festive Season For Rs 699
- Popcorn Machine Sets Off False Fire Alarm on Finals Day at Denmark Open
- Trailers This Week: Robert Downey Jr, Tom Holland Reunite for Dolittle, Anurag Kashyap Unveils India’s First Spaceship Sci-fi
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right