Box-Office Needed Toilet-Ek Prem Katha To Break Free From Constipation: Twinkle Khanna
Twinkle Khanna appreciates her husband and National Award-winning actor Akshay Kumar's latest entertainer Toilet: Ek Prem Katha.
Image: Yogen Shah
Mumbai: Writer, film producer and former actress Twinkle Khanna has lauded her husband and National Award-winning actor Akshay Kumar's latest entertainer Toilet: Ek Prem Katha, saying the Bollywood box-office needed it to break free from constipation.
Toilet: Ek Prem Katha, which released last week, collected over Rs 13 crore on its opening day.
"So even the box office needed this Toilet eventually to break free from its constipation -- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha. Hit Hit Hooray," tweeted Twinkle, who is known on social media as Mrs Funnybones.
— Twinkle Khanna (@mrsfunnybones) August 14, 2017
Twinkle's post hinted at the lukewarm performance of films like Jagga Jasoos and superstar Shah Rukh Khan's Jab Harry Met Sejal.
Toilet: Ek Prem Katha is in support of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Swachh Bharat Abhiyan to improve sanitation conditions in the country, with an emphasis on the eradication of open defecation, especially in rural areas.
It also features Bhumi Pednekar and Anupam Kher in key roles.
Recommended For You
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt to Compete with Akshay Kumar, John Abraham, Saif Ali Khan on August 15
- Move Over PUBG, Indian Air Force is Releasing a Mobile Game Complete with 'Gunslinger Moustache'
- How Teams Have Fared in their Maiden Test at Lord's
- Apple Releases iOS 12.4, WatchOS 5.3; Walkie-Talkie App Returns on Apple Watch
- OxygenOS 9.0.7 Update for OnePlus 5/5T Brings Fnatic Mode and Screen Recorder