Box Office Numbers A 'Validation' For Ranveer Singh
"Padmaavat" has earned the actor commercial and critical acclaim for his portrayal of Delhi Sultan Alauddin Khilji. The movie, since releasing on January 25, has minted Rs 192.5 crore till February 2.
A still of Ranveer Singh from Padmavati.
Mumbai: Bollywood star Ranveer Singh, on a high after recording his biggest hit with Padmaavat, says box office numbers are a validation for him as an entertainer.
"It feels amazing. As an entertainer, box office numbers are a validation that I am being able to entertain audiences and to me that's everything," Ranveer said in a statement.
Padmaavat has earned the actor commercial and critical acclaim for his portrayal of Delhi Sultan Alauddin Khilji. The movie, since releasing on January 25, has minted Rs 192.5 crore till February 2.
"My intention with every project has been to make audiences believe in the character that I have been given to portray on screen," said the actor, whose last big box office delight was Bajirao Mastani.
"Khilji was one of my toughest roles. Furthermore, the process of creating Khilji has been extremely rewarding. So, this success is incredibly special.
"I'm thankful to Sanjay Leela Bhansali for giving me a film and a character that will always be remembered and cherished," he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- This Man Has the Same Pathological Laughing Disorder as Joaquin Phoenix's Joker
- Quinton de Kock's Reaction After Indian Fan Breaches Security to Touch His Feet is Priceless
- Bigg Boss 13: Krushna Reacts to Siddharth's Comment on Sister Arti, Says How Can He Do This
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know
- Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Get Samsung’s The Frame QLED Smart TV at Rs 72,000