Camila Cabello to Star in New 'Cinderella' Movie
Singer Camila Cabello is set to star in writer-director Kay Cannons new version of 'Cinderella'.
Singer Camila Cabello is set to star in writer-director Kay Cannons new version of Cinderella.
Cabello will be involved in the music for the project, which grew out of an original idea from actor James Corden. The film will be produced by Corden and Leo Pearlman through their Fulwell73 banner, reports variety.com.
The new Cinderella will be a music-oriented version of the traditional tale of the orphaned girl with an evil stepmother. Sony Pictures is putting the project on the fast track for production.
The best-known Cinderella movies have been Disney's animated drama, released in 1950, and two live-action remakes: 1997's version starring Brandy and Whitney Houston, and the 2015 film with Lily James.
Cuban native Cabello, who was part of Fifth Harmony before going solo, hit superstar status last year with her single Havana and her debut album Camilla, which debuted at No. 1 on 110 different iTunes charts around the world.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies
- Ranveer Singh Gets Cheeky with Deepika Padukone on Social Media
- Here's Why Aishwarya Rai is a Good Choice for the Hindi Version of Maleficent 2
- India, Stressed: More than Half of Commuters in Metro Cities Likely to Commit Road Rage
- Bajaj Brings Back Iconic 'Chetak' Scooter in an All-Electric Avatar: Here's All You Need to Know