Captain Raju, Malayalam Actor, Dies at 68
Captain Raju, whose real name is Raju Daniel, had acted in more than 500 films in Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil and Hindi.
File photo of Captain Raju.
Thiruvananthapuram: Malayalam actor Captain Raju passed away in Kochi on Monday. He was 68.
Captain Raju, whose real name is Raju Daniel, had acted in more than 500 films in Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil and Hindi. Mohanlal-starrer Nadodikkattu is among Captain Raju's most famous films. He was noted for his character roles as a villain.
In June, Captain Raju suffered a heart attack inside a flight and the aircraft was diverted to Muscat. He was later shifted to Kochi. He is survived by his wife and a son.
Captain Raju was born on Jun 27, 1950. He graduated from the Catholic College, Pathanamthitta. He had also worked in the Navy.
Recommended For You
- ISL 2019-20: Controversy Heats Up Over Kerala Blasters vs ATK After Kerala Coach, Soosairaj Get Involved
- Of Fruits and Females: Why Turkish Preacher Comparing Women to 'Peeled Apples' isn't Surprising
- CM Arvind Kejriwal Announces Mega First-of-its-Kind 'Community Diwali' in Delhi
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069
- OnePlus TV 55Q1 Pro Review: Mildly Eccentric But You’ll Love a Great QLED Display