Caretaker of Salman Khan's Bungalow Held in 29-yr-old Theft Case
Recently the crime branch officials received a tip-off that Shakti Siddheshwar Rana, the accused, was living in a house in Gorai beach area for last 20 years.
image of salman khan, courtesy of instagram
A 62-year-old man, who worked as caretaker of a bungalow of Bollywood actor Salman Khan, was arrested on Wednesday in a three-decade-old theft case, a police official said.
Unit-4 of the city police's crime branch arrested Shakti Siddheshwar Rana from Khan's bungalow in Gorai in western suburbs.
Rana and some others were allegedly involved in a theft and arrested by the crime branch in 1990, said senior police inspector Ninad Sawant.
He was released on bail and then became untraceable, the police officer said.
A court had issued a non-bailable warrant against him but the police could not track him down.
Recently the crime branch officials received a tip-off that Rana was living in a house in Gorai beach area for last 20 years, he said.
Probe revealed that Rana was working as caretaker at Salman Khan's bungalow, following which the arrest was made.
Further probe is on.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami
- Here's How Alia Bhatt Reacted to Her and Ranbir Kapoor's Fake Viral Wedding Card
- In Pursuit of Love, World's Loudest Bird Sings Heart out in 'Theatrical Swivel'
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge