CBFC Revising Committee Clears Indu Sarkar With Fewer Cuts
Madhur Bhandarkar said he is relieved that Indu Sarkar will get its release this Friday.
Image: Twitter/ Official Poster of Indu Sarkar
Mumbai Filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar's upcoming film Indu Sarkar, which earlier ran into trouble with the censor board, has been cleared by the revising committee with few cuts.
The Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) had asked the director for 14 cuts in his political drama "Indu Sarkar", which is set against the backdrop of Emergency, following which he approached the revising committee.
Bhandarkar said he is relieved that his film will release this Friday.
"Thank you CBFC Revising Committee. #InduSarkar has been cleared with few cuts. Happy & relieved.. see you in cinemas this Friday, 28th July," he tweeted.
The film stars Kirti Kulhari, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Anupam Kher and Tota Roy Chowdhury in lead roles. Indu Sarkar has drawn the ire of the Congress party right from its trailer release. Mumbai Congress President Sanjay Nirupam had penned a letter to CBFC chief Pahlaj Nihalani, asking for the movie to be screened for them before it is censored.
Meanwhile, Bhandarkar has made it clear that he has "no agenda to promote any specific political ideology" through the film
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Adam Driver Forgetting Name of The Last Jedi In Interview Goes Viral
- Tata Motors Offers Year-End Discounts Worth Rs 1 Lakh
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: 20-Year-Old Drinks Chemical Instead of Water While Playing Game
- ISL 2019-20: NorthEast United FC vs Chennaiyin FC in Guwahati Postponed Due to CAB Protests
- 'Anyone Can be a Hero': Google's 'Year in Search' Celebrates Those Who Inspired Us in 2019