Chak De India Actor Chitrashi Rawat Opens Up About Her Depression
There was a point in my life when I was going through depression because I wasn't getting good work, said Chitrashi Rawat.
Actress Chitrashi Rawat, best known for playing Komal Chautala in the 2007 movie Chak De! India, says there was a time when she went through depression as she wasn't getting good work.
She opened up about her struggles while shooting for the game show Sabse Smart Kaun?, hosted by Ravi Dubey, read a statement.
"I am very choosy about my work. There was a point in my life when I was going through depression because I wasn't getting good work. I used to sit for hours in my balcony and just stare at a shop," Chitrashi said.
"There were so many times that I wanted to just go down and start smoking. There was no one to stop me. But my willpower was so strong that I fought back."
After her Bollywood debut in Chak De! India, she featured in movies like Fashion and Luck.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- From Slam Poets to 'Eco-Feminists', BBC's 100 Most Influential Women 2019 List Has 7 Indians
- Akshay Kumar and Housefull 4 Team Go for Early Morning Shooting on The Kapil Sharma Show
- Supermodel Bella Hadid is World's Most Beautiful Woman According to Science
- Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2C at Rs 6499 Lands Ahead of Peak Pollution Season
- Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro Launched in India: Specs, Price and More