Chiranjeevi may give the nod to Telugu remake of 'Kaththi'
Initially, the remake was planned with NTR and Pawan Kalyan, but since both of them didn't show much interest, it finally came to Chiranjeevi.
A photo of Chiranjeevi.
Chennai: Megastar Chiranjeevi will reportedly star in the yet-untitled Telugu remake of Tamil blockbuster 'Kaththi'. This project, which is expected to go on the floors later this year, will mark the 60-year-old actor's much anticipated 150th film.
"Chiranjeevi has given his in-principle nod but is yet to sign the project. He's waiting for some changes to be made to the script to suit the Telugu sensibilities," a source close to the actor told IANS.
A.R. Murugadoss, who wrote and directed the original, has been asked to make suitable changes to the script.
The remake will be directed by V.V. Vinayak and produced by Madhu.
This will be the second time that Chiranjeevi and Vinayak will join hands for a Telugu film after 'Tagore'.
Initially, the remake was planned with NTR and Pawan Kalyan, but since both of them didn't show much interest, it finally came to Chiranjeevi's notice and he immediately grabbed it.
Chiranjeevi's son Ram Charan will co-produce this project.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ayushmann, Deepika, Ranveer, Alia, Vijay Deverakonda Come Together for a Star-Studded Picture
- Jasmin Bhasin to Co-star with Nia Sharma in Ekta Kapoor's Naagin 4, Here's Her First Look
- Amrita Singh is Not Happy with Daughter Sara Ali Khan's Plans to Spend New Year with Kartik Aaryan?
- I-League to Be Televised on DSport For Next Three Seasons
- Moto Razr Returns With Flexible Flip Display, Snapdragon 710 SoC: Features, Price and More