CID is Going Off Air Only to Return With a New Look
The last episode of TV show CID will be aired on October 27.
(Image courtesy: Twitter)
People's beloved investigative TV show CID, one of the longest running crime-based series on Indian television, will take an intermittent break starting October 28, Sony Entertainment Channel announced on Tuesday, reports IANS.
The channel in a statement said: "Having completed 20 years, 'C.I.D.' is the longest running cult show on Sony Entertainment Television. It has been a great journey so far, along with Fireworks Productions, and 'C.I.D.' will now take an intermittent break starting October 28."
The last episode of the show will be aired on October 27.
Hinting at the possibility of the return with a brand new season of CID, the makers said: "The show will gear up for a renewed season with a lot more contextual cases keeping alive the thrill that the audience has experienced so far."
The show, which first began on Sony TV in 1997, is about a team of detectives working for the Crime Investigation Department (CID) in Mumbai. Their main aim is to unravel murder mysteries.
Five characters - ACP (Assistant Commissioner of Police) Pradyuman, Senior Inspector Abhijeet, Senior Inspector Daya, inspector Fredericks and Dr. Salunkhe - have become iconic over the years.
(With IANS inputs)
Follow @news18movies for more
Recommended For You
- Nick Jonas Explains Meaning of 'Saat Pheras' with Priyanka Chopra on US Chat Show
- ICJ Rules in favour of India: A Timeline of Kulbhushan Jadhav Case
- Watch: Airline Passenger Caught Using Toes to Scroll Through In-Flight Entertainment
- People are Using FaceApp's Aging Filter to Compare Selfies with Photos of their Parents
- Why is The OxygenOS 9.5.9 Not Available For Many OnePlus 7 Pro Users in India Even Now?