Claire Foy's Transformation into Lisbeth Salander in 'The Girl in the Spider's Web' Has Got Everyone Talking
Claire Foy looks unrecognisable as she reprises the role of Lisbeth Salander.
Actress Claire Foy poses for photographers upon arrival at the premiere of the film 'Breathe' showing as part of the BFI London Film Festival opening gala, in London, Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2017. (Image: AP)
Foy's first look from the trailer sent fans into a frenzy and her metamorphosis received mixed reactions from Twitterati.
I was skeptical about a David Fincher and Rooney Mara-less GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO follow-up, but the Fede Alvarez/Claire Foy SPIDER'S WEB looks promising. https://t.co/0JdiUCTJ6e— Dylan Stableford (@stableford) June 8, 2018
Honestly, I think Claire Foy is all wrong for this. She looks too prim for Lisbeth and sounds way too proper. It's like an impression of Rooney Mara without the abrasiveness. https://t.co/s5aChfNEXv— Kayleigh Donaldson (@Ceilidhann) June 7, 2018
Foy wrapped up her second and final season in the The Crown earlier this year, and will be replaced by Broadchurch star Olivia Colman in the next season of the critically-acclaimed Netflix series that earned her a Golden Globe in 2017.
Directed by Fede Álvarez, The Girl in the Spider Web is based on the novel of the same name by David Lagercrantz. The film also stars Sverrir Gudnason, Sylvia Hoeks, Claes Bang, LaKeith Stanfield, Cameron Britton and Stephen Merchant.
Recommended For You
- Avengers 4: Don Cheadle Teases Fans With a Puzzle About Film's Title, Can You Solve it?
- Sri Lanka vs England, Live Score, Third ODI in Pallekele: Rain Forces Covers Back on
- 'Kanpur as Pan Parag Raj?' Allahabad Will Now be Called Prayagraj and Twitter Cannot Believe it
- Kaneez Surka: I Am Not Going to Let Internet Dictate When I Need to Answer
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4A Pro 49 Review: We Are Rubbing Our Eyes, This Just Cannot be Real