Confirmed! Avengers Endgame Won't Have One Important MCU Character At All
Directed by Joe and Anthony Russo, 'Avengers: Endgame' will hit theatres on April 26.
Image courtesy: Marvel Entertainment/ Instagram
Veteran actor Stellan Skarsgard has said that he will not be seen in upcoming Marvel tentpole Avengers: Endgame.
The actor, who plays astrophysicist Dr Erik Selvig in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, also did not appear in last year's Infinity War.
"No, I'm not (in Endgame). I've done four (MCU movies) and they have contracted for five, and they haven't called me yet. They usually call me when they need some weird plot to be explained in a quasi-scientific way.
"I thought it was a one-time thing, but the contract said if they wanted me they could use me for five films, but I didn't think they'd use me for four so it was a surprise. It was a pleasant surprise because I've had a lot of fun on those shoots," Skarsgard told Metro magazine.
Selvig first appeared in the 2011 film Thor. The 67-year-old actor went on to reprise the role in The Avengers (2012), Thor: The Dark World (2013), and Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015).
Actor Tessa Thompson recently revealed that a follow-up to Thor: Ragnarok was in the works at Marvel.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Adam Lallana Scores Late to Salvage 1-1 Draw for Liverpool
- Bose Frames Review: Music And More, These Are Not Your Standard Sunglasses
- Ranveer Singh's Super Romantic Reply to Deepika Padukone's Comment on His Photo is Winning Hearts
- Reliance Jio Diwali Offer: Here's How to Gift a JioPhone This Festive Season For Rs 699
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years