Confirmed: Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt to Work In Zoya Akhtar's next
The film is supposed to be based on street rappers of Mumbai.
Image: Instagram/ Ranveer Singh
Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt are going to play the lead roles in Zoya Akhtar’s next film which is based on Mumbai’s underground rapping scene.
The announcement was made on Excel Entertainment’s official twitter page on Wednesday morning.
Zoya, had earlier mentioned in an interview that she was going to make a film on Mumbai street rappers who live in ghettos and chawls. The story is reportedly based on rapper Naved Sheikh a.k.a. Naezy’s life. While there were talks about who would play the rapper on screen, names of Varun Dhawan and Ranbir Kapoor have done the rounds before.
Ranveer has previously worked with Zoya Akhtar in Dil Dhadakne Do which was the director’s last film. While the actor has worked with Alia in various advertisements, it is for the first time that they would work in feature film together.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sophie Turner Dances Arm in Arm with Priyanka Chopra's Mother
- Bajaj Discover Modified into a Cafe Racer Can Challenge The Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
- Paul Pogba, Twitter And Racism: An Uneasy Relation Between Footballers And Fans
- Scarlett Johansson Tops Forbes List of the Highest-paid Actresses Second Year in a Row
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990