Confirmed: Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt to Work In Zoya Akhtar's next
The film is supposed to be based on street rappers of Mumbai.
Image: Instagram/ Ranveer Singh
Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt are going to play the lead roles in Zoya Akhtar’s next film which is based on Mumbai’s underground rapping scene.
The announcement was made on Excel Entertainment’s official twitter page on Wednesday morning.
— Excel Entertainment (@excelmovies) February 8, 2017
Zoya, had earlier mentioned in an interview that she was going to make a film on Mumbai street rappers who live in ghettos and chawls. The story is reportedly based on rapper Naved Sheikh a.k.a. Naezy’s life. While there were talks about who would play the rapper on screen, names of Varun Dhawan and Ranbir Kapoor have done the rounds before.
Ranveer has previously worked with Zoya Akhtar in Dil Dhadakne Do which was the director’s last film. While the actor has worked with Alia in various advertisements, it is for the first time that they would work in feature film together.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Streaming Now: Watch Out For The Priyanka Chopra-produced Firebrand on Netflix
- AddArmor Escalade Bulletproof Vehicle Can Withstand AK-47 Bullets - Watch Video
- Priyanka Chopra Flaunts Heart-shaped Mangalsutra Over Mustard Outfit on Streets of London
- Markande Revels in 'Completely Unexpected' India Call-up
- I-League: Minerva Request AIFF to Shift Srinagar Game or Ready to Forfeit
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s