Congress Fumes Over Bhandarkar's Film 'Indu Sarkar', Says It's 'Sponsored'
Bhandarkar on Friday said he made "Indu Sarkar" as it was important to tell about the Emergency to today's generation.
Image: Twitter/ Official Poster of Indu Sarkar
New Delhi: The Congress on Monday condemned the alleged "false depiction" in Madhur Bhandarkar's film Indu Sarkar based on the Emergency and said the film is "fully sponsored".
"This film is fully sponsored. The organisation and the individual who is behind the film is known to us. We totally condemn the false depictions in the film," said Congress spokesperson Jyotiraditya Scindia.
Bhandarkar on Friday said he made Indu Sarkar as it was important to tell about the Emergency to today's generation.
Some initial sneak peeks into the movie showcased how Neil and Kirti's looks resemble that of the then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and her son and party leader Sanjay Gandhi.
Indu Sarkar will release on July 28.
Recommended For You
- Alia Bhatt Shares BTS Video of Her Moving into Her Own Home in New YouTube Vlog
- Sony WH-XB900N Review: Headphones to Buy if Your Wad of Cash Totals to Rs 16,990
- Neena Gupta, Gajraj Rao Meet in London, She Says ‘Jahan Main Jaati Hu Wahi Chale Aate Ho’
- Dhoni Should be Informed by Selectors About Their Plans: Sehwag
- Priyanka Chopra Flaunts Red Dress and Monogram Lipstick Bag Worth Rs 3 Lakh on Birthday