Daas Dev Amalgamates Devdas, Hamlet: Saurabh Shukla
A Daas Dev rap song was released on Monday as an introduction to the world of the film's main story. It is rapped by director Sudhir Mishra, and features Saurabh.
Mumbai: Veteran actor Saurabh Shukla, who plays a pivotal role in the forthcoming film "Daas Dev", says the film combines elements from two classics -- "Devdas" and "Hamlet".
A "Daas Dev" rap song was released on Monday as an introduction to the world of the film's main story. It is rapped by director Sudhir Mishra, and features Saurabh.
Saurabh told IANS: "This is a very unusual rap song as opposed to a regular one that we often hear. Sudhir did the rap and it gives the insight of the main story of the film. 'Daas Dev' basically takes elements from two classics that are 'Devdas' and 'Hamlet'.
"The character that I am playing in the film is actually inspired from one of the characters from 'Hamlet'."
In the film, the journey of the protagonist Dev goes on a reverse gear from the original "Devdas".
"It is the journey of Dev, who is a 'das' or slave of power, money, addiction and in the journey, how he breaks himself from all these and become free, becomes a Dev or a good person.
"This is just the opposite story of 'Devdas', who was a good man, and slowly in a different situation, he became a 'das' of his addiction," explained the actor.
"Daas Dev", featuring Rahul Bhat, Richa Chadha and Aditi Rao Hydari among others, will release on April 20.
Recommended For You
- Dhadak Movie Review: Ishaan Khatter, Janhvi Kapoor Have a Winning Chemistry
- Reliance Jio Monsoon Hungama Offer: Understanding The Costs And The Benefits
- Dhadak Movie Tweet Review: Will Janhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter Recreate the Magic of Sairat?
- Nora Fatehi Recreates The Iconic Dilbar Step Looking Hotter Than July
- Munna Bhai 3: After Playing Sanjay Dutt in Sanju, Ranbir Kapoor to Replace Arshad Warsi as Circuit?